Wednesday, December 16, 2009

DIY pom pom failure

Maybe I'm not following instructions.  Maybe I'm using the wrong kind of tissue paper.  Or maybe I'm just not a crafty person.

Whatever the case, I attempted to create some DIY pom poms like the ones I've seen on Martha Stewart's and others' websites.  Since they required little in the way of materials, skill, or time, I thought this was the perfect project for me.

In order to be sustainable, I reused some anthropologie tissue paper I had saved.  The result was something that looked rather...sad. 







The pictures above that I took don't look TOO bad because I tried using flattering angles/lighting.  In reality, they sort of look like blooming cabbages.  Or some sort of albino vegetable with red veins.

Maybe using recycled tissue paper was the mistake.  I looked at several different sets of instructions from Martha's to other crafters' blogs.  I do have this theory though that Martha's instructions are purposely a little off to get people frustrated, subsequently leading them to buy her premade craft projects instead. 

Argh!

2 comments:

  1. haha these look like the pom poms i made for esthers bridal shower..i used recycled anthropolgie tissue paper too =)

    christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these look pretty cool, I wish I could do something similar and have like three with sparkles and some Christmas ornaments. It would make a cute little center piece for my table! Ooooh new idea for me lol Thanks for sharing.

    -Mango-

    ReplyDelete