Thursday, December 3, 2009

DIY mini-magazine holder

I've seen several DIY magazine holder tutorials online.  Since I had some time last night, I decided to create a holder for my Martha Stewart Food magazines, which are smaller than the average size periodical.

A family size cereal box proved to be perfect for this quick project:


I measured about 3" on the shortest side, up to 7" on the tallest


Then cut along the lines using a craft knife


Here's what it looked like after cutting


The trickiest part was covering the box with patterned paper.  Other sites recommended using fabric, but since I didn't have any I liked for this project, I ended up going with a Wooster & Prince paper I had on hand. 

I ended up just tracing each side of the box on the back of the paper, cutting out each piece with about a quarter inch allowance, and then gluing them in place with a glue gun.


Here's the finished product:


Easy peasy!  Now I just have to actually start cooking some of the recipies in these magazines...

No comments:

Post a Comment