Sunday, August 15, 2010

Where did the summer go???

Wow, I can't believe it's already mid-August!  Why is it that summer flys by so quickly?  It's been a weird one in LA this year...the weather has been unusually mild, with temperatures averaging in the high 70's, even in the valley!  Normally this time of year, the valley's scorching with temps over 100 on average.  Not to complain though...I was dreading a hot, sweaty summer during my last trimester of pregnancy.  God's blessed all the pregnant mamas in LA with great weather this year.  Hopefully this won't mean we'll have a crazy heat wave in the fall, though!

Second trimester of pregnancy was great - I had tons of energy, slept pretty well, and had a healthy appetite (almost too healthy, since I gained about 25 lbs. during that time!)  Unfortunately, third trimester isn't so wonderful.  The past few weeks have been pretty tough...lots of back pain, especially from the afternoon on, difficulty sleeping at night, heartburn, and peeing every hour has been super annoying.  Good thing there's a light at the end of the tunnel, since the little guy's due at  the end of September! 

I've done a fair amount of travel during my pregnancy.  Here's the rundown:
-March: Pismo Beach for a destination wedding
-May: Bachelorette party in Santa Barbara, 1 year anniversay/babymoon to Cabo
-June: Chicago and San Diego for business trips
-July: Hawaii for a destination wedding

The last trip, while it was super awesome, was definitely tiring.  My aches and pains started after I got home from the airport and haven't really gotten much better since.  Now's the time to take it easy, which means I'll be missing my nephew's 1st birthday in Seattle at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment